Saturday, October 4, 2014

happy weekend! (aaaannnnd I'm back!)


Hello, blog world! I'm back and ready to blog about so much stuff! Whenever I think about blogging, I always think But I don't have anything to say. I don't DO anything special or fun worth sharing. The same thing happens when I think about writing an email to my parents. Then I think about my sister's advice and decide to write about something. Anything!

So what have I been doing that's not-so-special-or-fun lately? Well, the first thing-- other than work; that's boring-- is YOGA. And not just any yoga, Bikram Yoga (aka hot yoga). I started going at the end of August after purchasing a Living Social coupon and instantly became obsessed.
What is Bikram yoga? It's a 90 minute class with 26 postures that are each done twice. But there's a catch-- it's a 90 minute class with 26 postures that are done in a 105 degree room with 40% humidity? Hot? Yes. Completely amazing and totally worth it? Absolutely!
Why do I love it so much? I love that yoga is easy on my joints, but still gives me an awesome work out. It helps me with flexibility and spine strengthening (as well as strengthening in general). It's designed to do every day, and I take full advantage of that. :) And it's a guaranteed 90 minutes break from all technology. (We're only allowed to take our mat and water bottle in the studio.) For a girl who sits in front of a computer most of the day, this is wonderful.

So what does the picture above have to do with yoga? This weekend the local Bikram studio is celebrating its two year anniversary, and they're offering so much stuff! Last night I attended Glowga, or black light Bikram. Everyone was given glow sticks and flashing rings to put on. There were black lights, a DJ playing music, and we all just moved through the postures together. It was so fun! Plus, on top of the free classes this weekend, they're doing a free posture clinic tomorrow that I will attend to learn more about the postures. Oh, I also signed up for the thirty day challenge which means I'm going to try to do 30 classes in 30 days.
So if you don't hear from me for another 30 days, just know it's because of yoga. ;)

See? I told you I'm obsessed!
Happy Saturday!

No comments: