Wednesday, June 3, 2015

a year ago today

"Today is my last full day in South Sudan, and yesterday was my last day in Lohutok. I can't believe it! It's gone by so fast!
Yesterday I felt such a mixture of emotions. I was sad at the thought of leaving everyone-- especially Ellen and Amy. But I was also thrilled at the idea of returning to the U.S. As I left Justin and Amy's house last night after a goodbye party for Maggie and Willie, I walked under the most beautiful orange sky, and I thanked the Lord for allowing me to come here... I walked up that path one last time to the place I've called home for the last five months and did all of my "lasts". Oh, how I'll miss that place! So many memories living with my parents in a 700 square foot house."

(Part of my journal entry from June 3, 2014.)


No comments: