Wednesday, November 12, 2014

the zoo!

 A few weekends ago, our company put on an employee appreciation day at the zoo. I was so excited. I've only been to the zoo here once before for the lights at Christmas, so this was my first trip to the zoo in the daylight with the animals out!
My roommate tagged along even though I had to work for part of the day. However, we had the rest of the time to go around a look at the animals.

The giraffes might have been my favorite. They're just so cool looking!
This guy came to visit us. I think he thought we had food. We didn't, but lots of other little kids did.

 Some of these animals reminded me of the BBC animal voice overs. Ha!


 There were a few animals that I (and other five-year-olds) connected to Disney movies. (Nemo! Dori!)
Let me just say, that The Lion King is TOTALLY not drawn to scale. They are HUGE in real life! Nothing like the movie. I'm pretty sure the lioness could've killed me with one paw. It was crazy.

I don't have pictures, but I also won tickets to do the ropes course! It was slightly scary because I'm not a heights person, and the course was four stories high. I had a death grip on my harness rope, although I don't know why I thought it would help. (And a word of advice: flats are not the best shoes to wear!) 
But there were kids flying across those things. They're fearless! And then there was me. The girl who made her roommate go across most of them first to make sure she would survive. :)

No comments: